SpriteWorld is an extensive Open Source collection of powerful routines Mac programmers can use to implement smooth, fast sprite animation in games and other applications.
Some of its features include:
Support for Carbon development while still supporting "Classic"
- Hardware accelerated drawing (through OpenGL in Carbon and RAVE in Classic)
- An unlimited number of sprites of any size
- Time-based animation making it possible to have smooth animation independent of frame rate.
- Sprite storage in variety of formats (PICT or RLE resouces or any type of graphic file that Quicktime can handle)
- Pixel-precise collision detection
- Special effects via. custom blitters, including alphamasking, rotating, scaling and additive blending
- Fast scrolling
- Simple yet effective sound handling
- And much, much more!