HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- Supported Sources
- VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted -- CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant
- Fixed H.264 decoding using Libav where the initial GOP was dropped
- Fixed 2-pass x265 encoding where the source header incorrectly specifies frame rate
- Fixed 2-pass encoding with bob deinterlace and constant frame rate
- Fixed a seek issue in Libav while reading MKV sources with embedded subtitles
- Fixed multiple issues preventing Libav
- OS X 10.7 or later