HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- Supported Sources
- VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted -- CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant
- Fixed a potential crash when using the subtitles burn feature on macOS versions earlier than 10.12 Sierra
- Fixed a potential crash when using the VP8 or VP9 video encoders
- Fixed a potential crash when using 2-pass ABR
- Fixed certain controls not updating when saving or loading a preset
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- OS X 10.7 or later