HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted -- CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding) more...
- Various bug fixes for all platforms and the core engine.
- Updated x265 to 1.8 which brings numerous bug fixes and some performance improvements.
- OS X 10.6 or later