HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- Supported Sources
- VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted -- CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant
- Fixed decoding of raw video in Matroska/MKV
- Fixed time stamp handling for containerless raw video
- Fixed memory leaks in OpenCL
- Fixed x265 2-pass encoding where video frame rate is altered by filters
- Improved handling of very small amounts of sync jitter (~1 tick)
- Improved handling of AVI files with broken indices
- OS X 10.7 or later