HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- Supported Sources
- VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted -- CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant more...
- Removal of FDK AAC from our binary releases. --enable-fdk is required for "non-free" builds if compiling from source
- Updated x265 to 1.9 which brings bug fixes and performance improvements
- Few minor bug fixes since the 0.10.3 release--this includes improvements in large AVI file handling
- OS X 10.6 or later