Note: The software is no longer developed or sold and is listed only for users who have a valid license information
Tumult HyperEdit is a lightweight HTML editor with a preview pane that displays the Web page live as you type. HyperEdit breaks the tedious cycle of writing html, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser by combining the writing phase with the viewing phase. This clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a Web page. W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not only standards compliant, but also very fast.
HyperEdit can be used for:
- Testing HTML to make sure it looks exactly as you want it.
- Testing and executing PHP code.
- Writing forum, blog, or journal entries.
- Interactively trying out CSS code.
- And creating whole websites.
- Live HTML W3C-based validation with red underlines and an error drawer
- Code Snippets palette allows commonly used code and tags (open and close) to be saved and recalled using custom key stroke combinations
- Files attached to the table in the Linked Filed drawer will cause a refresh of the Web view when they are saved.
- View HTML source code generated by the PHP engine
- Color swatches palette allows inserting colors and saving favorites
- Regular expression find and replace (thanks to OgreKit)
- Option to not cache data, so externally changed files are reloaded every time.
- Style sheet menu allows pages to use different styles
- A delay timer, so the page will wait to render a specified amount of time after typing has stopped.
- Startup Items in advanced preferences allows HyperEdit to load documents on startup