OIDS.X is a fast-paced action/arcade style game, melding elements of games like Choplifter, Asteroids, Defender, Lode Runner, and Lunar Lander, to make one very fun and addicting Mac video game.
- Originally released in 1990, OIDS was a hit on the Mac with gamers looking for a fast paced arcade style game.
- OIDS earned a rating of five Mice in MacWorld magazine when it was released.
- New version optimized for Mac OS X, version 10.1.3 or higher, uses OpenGL for graphics.
- New CD-Quality sound effects.
- Completely redone graphics with more animation than ever before.
- New smoke trail effects on player ship and enemy
Version 10.0.4 adds the following:
- Fixed saving of the keyboard exclusive setting.
- Fixed a long-standing bug that was keeping USB game pads from working properly.
- Modified default button code to allow persons with Mac OS X versions prior to 10.2 to be able to register.
Mac OS X 10.1.3 or later, G3 or higher, an OpenGL-capable video card (ATI Rage 128 or better), or any NVidia card.