Europa Universalis is a historical strategy game simulating all aspects of world history from 1419 to 1820. Each player takes on the role of one of the major nations of the era, controlling diplomacy, economy, warfare, exploration and colonization. A number of unique features ensure historical accuracy, including period monarchs, military leaders, and technological gains.
It is the year 1419 - the time of Great Explorations. As leader of one of the world's great nations you will change the world and create history. It is a time of great change that the world has never seen before, continents are waiting to be discovered, conquered and colonized, a New World is rising and the old is torn apart by conflict and war.
In a time of enormous hunger for power, honor and wealth it is your destiny to rule your country, accept new challenges, mobilize troops, build amazing cities and exploit your resources. The skilled will gain wealth; the less fortunate can expect poverty, famine and diseases. Do you have what it takes to change the course of world history?
- 90 different nations potentially player controlled. Powerful AI with human behavior controls non-player nations.
- Choose between 9 scenarios including a Grand Campaign Game encompassing 300 years. Over 500 different historical missions and a dynamic system generating countless of exciting missions ensure many hours of game play!
- 200+ different historical events that potentially affects the outcome of your actions
- A truly unique game in magnitude, size and setting
- 800+ named provinces, 550+ named sea zones and 100+ named rivers on a map covering the entire globe!
- The real-time game can be set to pause at any time or any given event to give players time to plan ahead, thereby creating a "semi-real-time" environment
- User friendly and customizable message system
- Involve yourself in colonization, exploration, trade and infrastructure, war, religion and diplomacy against players and computer alike!
- Up to 8 players in multiplayer games over LAN or the internet!