As of July 2012, Thunderbird has transitioned to a new governance model, with new features being developed by the broader free software and open source community, and security fixes and improvements handled by Mozilla.
Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform e-mail and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox, a project aimed at creating a Web browser.
- Add a Correspondents column combining Sender and Recipient
- Much better support for XMPP chatrooms and commands.
- Remote content exceptions: Improved options to add exceptions.
- Implement option to always use HTML formatting to prevent unexpected format loss when converting messages to plain text.
- Use OpenStreetmap for maps (even allow
- OS X 10.6 or later