As of July 2012, Thunderbird has transitioned to a new governance model, with new features being developed by the broader free software and open source community, and security fixes and improvements handled by Mozilla.
Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform e-mail and news (NNTP) client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox, a project aimed at creating a Web browser.
- asm.js JIT-spray bypass of ASLR and DEP
- Memory Corruption when handling ErrorResult
- Use-after-free working with events in FontFace objects
- Use-after-free working with ranges in selections
- Pixel and history stealing via floating-point timing side channel with SVG filters
- OS X 10.6 or later