As of July 2012, Thunderbird has transitioned to a new governance model, with new features being developed by the broader free software and open source community, and security fixes and improvements handled by Mozilla.
Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform e-mail and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox, a project aimed at creating a Web browser.
- Privilege escalation through IPC channel messages
- Buffer overflow when parsing compressed XML
- Use-after-free during text processing with vertical text enabled
- Buffer overflow with SVG content and CSS
- Buffer overflow parsing H.264 video with Linux Gstreamer
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:38.0 / rv:31.7)
- OS X 10.6 or later