allows your computer to act like a "Virtual ReplayTV". You can download shows from your ReplayTV to burn to DVD/VCD, play shows from your ReplayTV right on your desktop and play shows that are stored on your computer right from your ReplayTV/TV screen.
Among its more interesting features are:
- See what shows your ReplayTV(s) have recorded right from your computer
- Automatically finds your ReplayTVs
- Download shows from your ReplayTV to your computer to watch, archive, burn to DVD/VCD, etc
- Automatic support for Replay 4xxx and 5xxx Series units
- Turn your computer into a virtually unlimited capacity ReplayTV show archive
- Schedule automatic downloads of shows from your ReplayTV to your computer
- Schedule automatic purging/deleting of shows you don't like but which your ReplayTV keeps recording
- Watch previously downloaded shows OR watch shows directly from your ReplayTV without having to download them first
- Control your ReplayTV remotely (turn it on, off, delete shows, etc)
- Manage your ReplayTVs photos (coming in V2.1)
- Control your ReplayTV from your computer (coming in V2.1)
- Has a clean interface that allows you to see and use all your ReplayTVs from one place
- A whole heck of a lot more!
DVArchive supports all ReplayTV 4xxx and 5xxx series units.
DVArchive is free (it's even Open Sourced and GPLd - look at the source if you are interested) and runs on any platform Java V1.4 or later runs on (Windows, Macs, Linux, Solaris, etc). The Open Source development community for it is hosted by SourceForge. Note that for the Mac OSX, you'll have to get a developers release of Java 1.4.1 (it's not official yet, but it's free to get it - details included in the MacOS download).