Developer website: Garrison Computer Services
fmSQL Synch is a utility to synchronize data from your FileMaker and Web databases. Data is compared on record by record as well field by field basis. Existing databases can be configured for synchronizing with just a few modifications.
- Two-way synchronizing - You can synchronize data from both FileMaker and SQL databases. Synchronizing includes updating changed records as well as adding or deleting records. Any changes made in your FileMaker databases are also made in your SQL database and vice-versa.
- Field level conflict checking and resolution - Changes to records in both databases is compared on a field-by-field basis. Any records that have been modified on both FileMaker and SQL database since the last synchronization will have all change conflicts logged so you can choose which data you want to keep.
- Setup Assistant - fmSQL Synch has been designed to be easy to use. The setup assistant will walk you through the steps of configuring up for your environment.
- Easily integrates with existing FileMaker solutions - A few extra modifications to your existing FileMaker databases is all that you need to do. Once modified you can synchronize your FileMaker and SQL databases and control all merge conflicts.
- Will create all the SQL statements for you automatically - After selecting which fields you want to synchronize in your SQL tables, you can have fmSQL Synch create all the SQL statements automatically. You can even let fmSQL Synch create the SQL tables for you which also makes it useful as a tool for FM->SQL migration.
Features specific to FileMaker v7 compatibility
- account name and password options
- layout name option, custom names for 'update' & 'select' layout (needed for multiple table support)
- field names options, custom names for primary_key, last_mod & last_synch fields
- streamlined interface, much easier to manage and edit configurations
- last_synch timestamp now saved for each record rather than each table, better accuracy in finding modified data (records don't have to be processed twice for borderline cases)
- improved support for MS SQL databases
- change FM field setup from repeating field to portal, allows virtually unlimited number of fields for each configuration
- configuration groups, synching configs can be grouped together and run at different times
- multiple SQL/JDBC configurations, each synching config can use a different SQL database or connection
- debugging tools, help find cause of invalid data errors due to type mismatch or validation restrictions on 'update' layouts
- configurable sort order for configs during synch run
- minor changes to Demo files to support new feature for v2
- option to specify field separator (eg. pipe "|") used by SQL Plugin for select queries
- added config for minimum seconds between last_synch and last_mod (defaults to 1 second)
- date format now uses 'system settings' rather than asking which to use when different
- improvements to error handling; synching process should be more robust
- partial support for running via FileMaker Server
- updated documentation pages (documentation for v2 still incomplete)
- improved error handling for event handlers
- reset error count when running more than one synch in a single session
- misc bug fixes related to last_synch and last_mod field comparisons
- misc bug fixes