Word Counter is an application that performs a word count and a character count, but it can do much more. It can be used independently or in conjunction with other applications such as TextEdit, Microsoft Word, Pages, TextWrangler, and others.
Word Counter can automatically update the count based on a user-defined time interval. It can show the progress achieved towards a set goal for the total number of words and characters. It also can perform bulk counts on multiple files and folders simply by dropping them onto the window. Word Counter can count the number of times a particular word appears in a document. It
- Added support for TexShop
- Added support for odt and docx files
- Better compatibility with OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Ignoring minor words are now handled appropriately in the frequency counts
- Ignoring words less than a specific length are now handled appropriatel in the frequency counts
- Hyphenated words are now handled appropriatey in the frequency counts