Developer website: HRSoftWorks
Authoxy... If your connection to the Internet requires authenticating to a HTTP proxy, as is the case in many Australian universities, you may well have discovered that with Mac OS X, including Jaguar, many applications which require an Internet connection will simply fail. Some prominent examples are Software Update, MacHelp, parts of Quicktime, parts of iTunes (CDDB, Net Radio), and Sherlock. This is rather limiting. Authoxy is my solution. I run it full time now, and never have to worry about authenticating with the proxy again.
- Implemented large changes to the compilation of PAC files, treating the PAC file as a whole and greatly improving the ability to compile complex PAC files.
- Improved the memory management of the PAC file compilation environment.
- Updated to the latest PAC utility routines.
- Improved compatibility with standard "dnsResolve" PAC function.
- Added support for "myIpAddress" PAC function.
- Fixed "EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)" bug in when executing PAC files with multiple "dnsResolve" calls.
- Disabled automatic child process handling during connection testing to allow greater insight into the result of the connection.
- Cosmetic improvements to the status display.
Mac OS X 10.2 or later