Developer website: Karl von Laudermann
Nifty Life is a cellular automata program for running John Conway's Game of Life.
Nifty Life is so named because it has a number of nifty features, such as:
- Document-based architecture, allowing you to save and open Life pattern files, and have multiple windows open at once
- Ability to save and open .lif files for cross-platform compatibility
- Adjustable running speed, including unbounded speed when desired
- Adjustable grid dimensions and cell size
- Scrollable windows so that the grid can be larger than your screen's size
- Use of color to indicate cell age
- Wrap around
Version 1.2 adds the following:
- The toolbar is now fully featured and customizable.
- The life rules are now editable via the document settings panel.
- Added a new application preference called "Auto Stop". Improved performance in some cases when cell coloring is turned on.
Mac OS X 10.2 or later