Panoply plots geo-gridded arrays of latitude-longitude, latitude-vertical, or time-latitude data encoded in netCDF, HDF, and GRIB format.
- Slice specific 2D arrays from multidimensional variables which have more than two dimensions.
- Combine two arrays in one plot by differencing, summing or averaging.
- Menu of 80+ global and regional map projections for lon-lat plots.
- Draw continents outlines or masks on lon-lat plots.
- Apply any CPT, GGR, PAL, or ACT color table for scale colorbar.
- Save plots to disk using GIF, JPEG, PDF, PNG, PS, or TIFF
- Further improved recognition and handling of long-lat data using 3D auxiliary grids
- Bug Fixes:
- Plot title too low if subtitle also present
- Crash at launch if JRE not found in expected location
- Click-for-info on non-long-lat 2D plots had redundant margin offset
- Wrong coordinate var might be reported if correct var's name did not
- OS X 10.7.3 or later
- Java SE 7 runtime or later