jBidWatcher is a Java-based application allowing you to monitor auctions you're not part of, submit bids, snipe (bid at the last moment), and otherwise track your auction-site experience. It includes adult-auction management, MANY currencies (yen, pound, dollar [US, Canada, Australian, and New Taiwanese], Swiss Francs, and euro, presently), drag-and-drop of auction URLs, a unique and powerful 'multisniping' feature, a relatively nice UI, and is known to work cleanly under Linux, Windows, Solaris, and Mac OS X from the same binary.
Currently it is only implemented for eBay, but it is abstracted suitably to work more...
- ‘Cancel snipe’ wasn’t working. bad
- Deleting an entry was double-deleting, which was throwing an exception because the second would fail.
- If the user has configured a browser and forced it to override the auto-detected one, use it.
- Various dialogs (including ‘Add’) weren’t quite fitting on Windows and Linux.
- Give a nicer error more...
- OS X 10.8 or later
- JBidwatcher no longer requires a system-installed version of Java