Silk enables the Quartz text rendering and smoothing introduced in Mac OS X 10.1.5 in all Carbon applications. This means antialiased text in Netscape, Mozilla, and many others. Why wait for developers to update their Carbon applications when you can get the silky smooth text everywhere, right now? Moreover, it can substitute one font with another in your applications, change the theme font (the font used to display menus, window titles, and other interface elements)
- Substitutes fonts in the applications.
- Changes the default theme font to any other font.
- Enforces the minimum font size more...
- Silk now runs on Mac OS X 10.5.
- Dropped Mac OS X 10.3 support. Silk now requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
- No longer dynamically loads Objective-C.
- Moved a lot of code to the awesomely awesome CoreText APIs (10.5 only).
- Adjusted some code so it can be moved to CoreText in the future.
- Attempted to make Cocoa applications respect the baseline of a more...
RequirementsMac OS X 10.4.11-10.5.8.
*Previously available here
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software