Change Startup Disk is an AppleScript that allows the user to bypass the OS X System Preferences to change the Startup Disk. Features include:
- Choose between OS 9 and OS X with the click of button.
- OS 9 Script included (with restart option).
- Instructions included inside Simple Script on embedding your password so as to permanently bypass the dialog box.
- Deluxe version works on multiple partitions/hard drives. Requires 24U Appearance OSAX. See Related Link, below.
- Added German versions of all scripts, courtesty of Alfonso "Häcktik" Tavernier (firstname.lastname@example.org)? CSD-Original script should better handle hard drives that have been renamed.? Error-check routines for both scripts to handle a multiple of issues.
- Dialog box at end of both scripts will give up after 6 seconds and restart the computer into OS9.
- Hopefully the Deluxe version feels more streamlined.
RequirementsMac OS 9.0 or later, or Mac OS X 10.1.2 or later
*Previously available here
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software