BetterConsole is an application that you can use to display messages written to the console, or any sort of log file. It makes the Console application that comes with Mac OS X look like a sissy. Although Apple's console has come a long way since it was part of the Workspace (e.g., BetterConsole is no longer 25 times faster), it still leaves much to be desired. Features include:
- Follows multiple files, including rotating log files.
- Better control of hide/show options.
- Supports filter rules for ignoring unwanted output.
- User selectable font.
- Completely did away with .better files.
- Added the ability to hide window controls. With a transparent background, this gives the ability to do "desktop" consoles that some people like. We never have enough desktop visible for that sort of thing, but we stuck it in here anyway.
- Revamped the document setting inspector.
- Removed window transparency setting.
- Added a File more...
RequirementsMac OS X 10.2.6 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software