Pacifist opens up .pkg installer packages, .dmg disk images, .zip, .tar. tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .pax, and .xar archives and more, and lets you extract or install individual files out of them. This is useful if you need to install just one file out of a package instead of the entire package (for example, if you deleted your Preview application and need to reinstall it, but not the whole operating system), or if you want to inspect a downloaded package to see what it will do before installing it.Pacifist can also load some archive types over HTTP, in case you want to extract just a single file from a large .zip archive without more...
- Added support for XIP archives
- "Extract Subpackages..." now works on disk images containing packages
- Fixed a bug that could cause ZIP archives to fail to read in some circumstances
- Fixed a bug that caused bare .bom files not to open correctly
- Improved the speed of loading Software Update packages
- OS X 10.8 or later