anAtlas's primary goal is to help you quickly locate places on Earth. anAtlas will retrieve search results from Internet search engines as well as local databases. As the results are gathered, they are listed and shown on a map of the world.
QuickLinks provide links to additional information on a location such as maps, imagery weather, and nearby airports. Favorites allow you to store and edit locations for later use. A Hub location allows you to set a base for range calculations. anAtlas also supports dropping and pasting of your own location data for plotting.
Version 2.0b8 adds the following:
- New GEOnet Names Server plug-in
- Updated Getty TGN plug-in
- anAtlas Local Database place search also finds countries
- Auto-translation of accent marks & vowel mutations
- Detailed searches no longer require a text entry
- Results and Favorites edit and import much faster
- New QuickLink - "CIA World more...
- Mac OS X 10.0 or later*Previously available here