HTTP BenchMark is an easy-to-use tool for checking Web servers' Bandwith from client side. It can serves several purposes, for example, it allows to compare several Web hosting providers in order to know wich one has the best bandwith.
However, we tested this program on a slower modem and it seems like you have to have a very fast line on your end otherwise you can't accurately test the bandwidth of other servers because the test transfer rate only goes as fast as your modem will allow.
- Calculate average rate processing individual rates.
- Ignore small files (under 2 KB).
- Only check files under requested Domain.
- New interface with more data and errors display.
- Now shows main index html file rate.
- Detailed results pane.
- Server response Log.