The Java SE Runtime Environment 8 (Java Platform, Standard Edition) is a major feature release. It contains new features and enhancements in many functional areas. Java SE 8 delivers enhanced developer productivity and significant application performance increases through reduced boilerplate code, improved collections and annotations, simpler parallel programming models, and more efficient use of modern, multi-core processors.
- Java Mission Control 5.4
- Advanced Management Console (AMC) 1.0
- New flags added to Java Management API
- Java Installer Changes
- Java Control Panel Changes
- Java Compiler updated
- Change in minimum required Java Version for Java Plugin and Java Webstart to Java 5
- Change in UsageTracker output formatting more...
- OS X 10.8.3 or later