ThroughPut is a little application that tests how much data your Mac can push through the PCI or AGP port to feed yourgraphics card with data. It works using the following:
- ThroughPut does simply moving data directly from system-memory (RAM) into your graphics card memory (VRAM).
- ThroughPut doesn't use any MacOS functions to copy the data. The data it moves is an array of 307200 Bytes. There are to tests:
- Test 1 moved the data with the CPU
- Test 2 uses the FPU to move the data
- Test 3 uses the AltiVec Unit (if available) to shuffle the data
- Test 4 uses the CacheBrust Mode for the data more...
- System 7.5 or later