Firefox Developer Edition (was Aurora) is the rapid-fire release channel for the next iteration of the Firefox Web browser. The Developer channel is where users can test the latest features and innovations. Users can expect an increase in polish from the raw, cutting edge features in the nightly builds. These releases may not be as stable as beta or final releases.
With Firefox Developer Edition:
- Experience the newest innovations in an unstable environment that's not for the faint of heart
- Provide feedback on features and performance to help determine what makes the final release
- GTK3 integration (GNU/Linux only)
- "Hello, new user" journey
- Introduce a new preference (network.dns.blockDotOnion) to allow blocking .onion at the DNS level
- Tab Groups (Panorama) feature removed
- Hello will be updated more frequently as part of the go faster strategy
- Web more...
- OS X 10.6 or later