Firefox Developer Edition (was Aurora) is the rapid-fire release channel for the next iteration of the Firefox Web browser. The Developer channel is where users can test the latest features and innovations. Users can expect an increase in polish from the raw, cutting edge features in the nightly builds. These releases may not be as stable as beta or final releases.
With Firefox Developer Edition:
- Experience the newest innovations in an unstable environment that's not for the faint of heart
- Provide feedback on features and performance to help determine what makes the final release
- 64-bit Windows builds
- BroadcastChannel API implemented (more at hacks.mozilla.org)
- Implemented srcset attribute and element for responsive images
- Implemented DOM3 Events KeyboardEvent.code
- autocomplete=off is no longer supported for username/password fields
- URL parser avoids doing percent encoding when more...
- OS X 10.6 or later