To allow complete simulations, GNS3 is strongly linked with:
- Dynamips, the core program that allows Cisco IOS emulation.
- Dynagen, a text-based front-end for Dynamips.
- Qemu, a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.
- GNS3 is an excellent complementary tool to real labs for network engineers, administrators and people wanting to pass certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCIE, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIE.
Version 3 0.8.3:
- Option to freely use the first VBox interface inside VMs (i.e. eth0 on Linux).
- New base configuration (startup-config) for devices with NM-16ESW (named baseconfig_sw.txt).
- Console and headless mode support for VirtualBox devices.
- Embedded console/terminal server to access VirtualBox VM consoles using more...
- OS X 10.7 or later