It can also play 720p, 1080p video files better smoothly if 'H.264 hardware acceleration' is supported.**
'H.264 hardware acceleration' support**
- requires a Mac with an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M or GeForce 320M or GeForce GT 330M GPU
- when most MP4, MOV, M4V video files (encoded in H.264/AAC) are played
- SMI, SRT
- a subtitle file be in the same folder, same name with a video file and it's extension be 'smi' or 'srt'
- if you have installed 'Perian', turn off Perian's more...
- Supports the 'YUV444P 10-bit' pixel format. (FFmpeg mode)
- Adds '10-bit Pixel' option to Preferences. (FFmpeg mode)
- Improves the compatibility related to the 'H.264 Hardware Acceleration'. (FFmpeg mode)
- Fixes minor bugs.
- OS X 10.8 or later