PyCharm is a Python IDE with complete set of tools for productive development with the Python programming language. In addition, the IDE provides high-class capabilities for professional Web development with the Django framework.
With the release of version 3, PyCharm has been forked into two paths: a free, Open-Source Community Edition; and the commercial, full-featured Professional Edition. Here are a few highlights of the different forks:
- Full-featured IDE for Python & Web development
- Supports Django, Flask, Google App Engine, Pyramid, more...
- Python 3.5 Support
- Docker Integration
- Thread Concurrency
- Django ORM Lookups
- Google/NumPy Docstrings
- Conda Integration
- App Config Tool
- Make Top-Level Function
- Enhanced Quick Documentation
- IDE Improvements
- Access the complete release notes.
- OS X 10.5 or later
- JDK 6
- Python 2.4 or later, Jython, PyPy, or IronPython