MPlayerX is an alternative media player powered by ffmpeg and mplayer. MPlayer OS X ran OK, but it was slow. And also, the new technologies from Apple prevailed--such as Core Animation, Grand-Central Dispatch, even OpenCL--and pushed me to give them a try.
So I started without even knowing how to program under Mac, came to know Xcode, Objective-C 2.0, Cocoa, and the Core family. MPlayerX is still in such a primary stage, I will keep on enhancing it, and figure out how to do this and that.
Now it can do:
- Multi-screen full-screen support
- Apple Remote support
- Multi-Touch more...
- Fix the album art in audio file.
- Fix display issues when changing window size.
- Fix window does not disappear when finishing the playback in OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Fix pixelation in OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Add hidden setting: AsyncMode.
- Change the app icon.
- several trivial issues in OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- [Known Issue] more...
- OS X 10.7 or later