The Imaging Suite's modular approach to imaging makes building multiple images easy by building configurations from a library of custom packages. Utilizing the same set of operating system and application packages to create multiple configurations ensures that each configuration is made up of identical components.
Most imaging utilities are based on a monolithic approach in which administrators build one base image that includes every element for every machine. The base image is then copied and adjusted to accommodate each configuration required by the network. This approach results in many large, monolithic more...
- Support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Compatibility with Gatekeeper. All client applications in the Imaging Suite are signed for compatibility with Gatekeeper. A signed JSS Installer for Mac (JSS Installer.pkg) is available from JAMF Software Support upon request.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later (for Imaging)
- Mac OS X Server 10.6 or later
- Java 1.6
- MySQL 5.1 or later
- Apache Tomcat 6.0 or later