The update is recommend for all Mac Pro (Late 2006, Early 2008) and Xserve (Late 2006, Early 2008) systems with the Apple RAID card.
The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder and will launch automatically. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the update process.
For detailed information on this update, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3784.
- Reliability improvements during boot and power fail recovery
- Improves handling of hard drives with bad blocks
- Improves RAID 1 read performance
- Improves hard drive compatibility with non-Apple drives
- Improves support for systems with 48GB or larger memory
- Improves battery handling and reporting
- Apple RAID card
- Mac Pro (Late 2006, Early 2008), or
- Xserve (Late 2006, Early 2008)