Note: According to developer, the GUI for the commercial Mac App Store version is best suited for Mac OS X.
MediaInfo provides easy access to technical and tag information about video and audio files.
A non-exhaustive list of the information MediaInfo can retrieve:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec more...
- MOV: AVrp CodecID support
- Video Stored_Width/Stored_Height and Sampled_Width/Sampled_Height added (hidden by default)
- Speed optimization for the parsing of tiny files e.g. JPEG files
- Option (command line / DLL) --Legacy=0 for disabling some legacy fields
- Option (command line / DLL) --Output=MAXML, XML with MediaInfo and MediaTrace output together, more...
- OS X 10.6 or later