Note: According to developer, the GUI for the commercial Mac App Store version is best suited for Mac OS X.
MediaInfo provides easy access to technical and tag information about video and audio files.
A non-exhaustive list of the information MediaInfo can retrieve:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec more...
- #B941, MXF: files having only a video stream and an ancillary data stream were having incorrect second video stream
- MOV: detection of r210 CodecID as raw RGB
- Ancillary data: detection of all metadata blocks (previously: only the first one was detected)
- MPEG-TS: Wrong demux of TSP (188+16 TS) files having PES with only more...
- OS X 10.6 or later