CoherentOptics has been discontinued
Email me when discounted:
Developer website: San Diego State University
CoherentOptics is a freeware program for constructing optical filters and for simulating the passage of coherent light of one color and polarization at a time. This simulated propagation through an optical system, uses Fresnel optics, but no ray tracing. The magnitude and phase information of the propagating light is saved as Real and Imaginary parts of a complex number. These arrays of numbers can be saved, and manipulated in many ways. It is designed to compliment a research program involving image manipulation and holographic recognition, but seems to be useful in other ways.
- The lookup function (scripting) now can do either linear or (default) cubic interpolation.
- The display icon can now show an individual external window if you wish.
- There are some small tweaks and a script icon added.
- A bug in the big window option that makes crashes is fixed. The big array can now be as large as 4096 by 4096. Things run slowly at that more...
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later*Previously available here
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software