ManilaMail is an itty bitty "status bar" application that controls the most vital functions of Apple Mail in Mac OS X. This application is based off of the Gmail part of the Google Notifier and as such it is extremely light weight. There is no Growl integration or anything fancy like that. However, this little app is still very useful and it provides the following amazing features:
- The ability to display the count of all unread messages (not only the messages in the inbox)
- Menu items to show the inbox, create a new message, and check for new messages
- The optional ability to automatically reopen Apple more...
- NOTE: This will be the last major release of ManilaMail for Mac OS X Tiger (see my blog for more information)
- ManilaMail now automatically checks for updates during startup
- Various bug fixes and UI tweaks
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later*Previously available here