HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for OS X. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags to JPEG, RAW, and XMP sidecar files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don't have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location.
Geotagging with HoudahGeo follows an easy 3-step workflow: load, process, then output.
- Start by loading photos into a HoudahGeo project. Optionally add GPS track logs
- Use the more...
- Fixes an issue with reading timestamps from certain image files
Note: HoudahGeo 5.0 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. For registered users, the trial version will load the current license file and offer the option to purchase an upgrade. Licenses purchased on or after December 1, 2015 apply to both HoudahGeo 4 and 5.
- OS X 10.10 or later; tested with OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- A digital camera: point-and-shoot, DSLR, camera phone, etc.
- Optional: GPS track logger
- Optional: iPhone or other GPS-enabled camera