RubyCalc is a quick, handy, free calculator.
Google can be used as a calculator really handier than the Calculator application of Mac OS X.
- use numbers arbitrarily long (more than 10 figures...) ?
- type long expressions with parenthesis but without mistake ?
- easily mix numbers in different basis (binary, decimal, hexadecimal...) ?
RubyCalc may be what you are looking for. It supplies an application with its service, and a widget.Caution : RubyCalc is using the Ruby language to perform computations. This language has some specificities, like integer divisions, pow operator, modulo more...
- Fixed an incompatibility of the Widget with MacOS 10.5 Leopard;
- Better handling of Service shortcut change.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later (10.4.3 or later for the widget)