BOINC is a program that lets you donate your idle computer time to science projects like SETI@home, Climateprediction.net, Rosetta@home, World Community Grid, and many others.
After installing BOINC on your computer, you can connect it to as many of these projects as you like. Use the idle time on your computer to cure diseases, study global warming, discover pulsars, and do many other types of scientific research. It's safe, secure, and easy.
Although BOINC supports 64-bit Intel project applications on OS X 10.5.0 and above, the only part of the BOINC more...
- client: on initial RPC to a project, don't request work if 0 resource share.
- client: don't request work on initial RPC if "no new work" set.
- client: don't show "not using proxy" message.
- Otherwise this gets shown each time user changes any "Other options" item.
- client: check for new client version right after state file parse.
- client: more...
- OS X 10.4 or later