Wireshark is one of the world's foremost network protocol analyzers, and is the standard in many parts of the industry. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998. Hundreds of developers around the world have contributed to it, and it it still under active development.
Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Multi-interface: Along with a standard GUI, Wireshark includes TShark, a text-mode analyzer which is useful for remote more...
- Vulnerabilities fixed:
- wnpa-sec-2014-07 - The frame metadissector could crash. Versions affected: 1.10.0 to 1.10.7.
- Bugs Fixed:
- VoIP flow graph crash upon opening.
- Tshark with "-F pcap" still generates a pcapng file.
- IPv6 Next Header 0x3d recognized as SHIM6.
- Failed to export pdml on large more...