- Extract Only Files You Really Need: If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive, you don't have to extract the whole thing. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or the desktop.
- Open Archives Without Extracting: Not only can BetterZip open archives without first extracting them but you can also search for a file using the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most common formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, XAR, more...
- ._ files were unnecessarily added when re-saving archives.
- Access to archive passwords stored in the keychain wouldn’t stick for some users on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Uncompressed tar now works correctly on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- The save panel didn’t honor specifically set filename extensions from the preset when "show save more...
- OS X 10.6.6 or later