MacPorts Project's main goal is to provide an easy way to install various open-source software products on the Darwin OS family (OpenDarwin, OS X, and Darwin).
- Added macports-clang-3.4 to compiler fallback lists (#43932, jeremyhu in r118735, r119034)
- Added quoting to PATH and MANPATH variables set by the installer, to accomodate paths containing spaces (#43798, jmr in r121311)
- Update for automatic dependencies for fetch.type git, needed due to the git-core port being renamed to git (#44052, ciserlohn in r120928) more...
- OS X 10.9 or later (releases for earlier operating systems can be found in Related Links)
- Apple's Xcode Developer Tools (version 5.0.1 or later for Mavericks, 4.4 or later for Mountain Lion, 4.1 or later for Lion, 3.2 or later for Snow Leopard, or 3.1 or later for Leopard)
- Apple's Command Line Developer Tools
- (Optional) The X11 windowing environment for ports that depend on the functionality it provides to run.