MacPorts Project's main goal is to provide an easy way to install various open-source software products on the Darwin OS family (OpenDarwin, OS X, and Darwin).
- Use a private copy of Tcl 8.5 for MacPorts. Starting with this change features introduced with Tcl 8.5 can be used in Portfiles while still keeping support for Tiger and Leopard. (cal in r117621)
- Add select --summary option. (#36179, snc in r117607)
- Display a progress indicator for slow downloads. (cal in r117044)
- Attempt to use HTTP pipelining when more...
- OS X 10.9 or later (releases for earlier operating systems can be found in Related Links)
- Apple's Xcode Developer Tools (version 5.0.1 or later for Mavericks, 4.4 or later for Mountain Lion, 4.1 or later for Lion, 3.2 or later for Snow Leopard, or 3.1 or later for Leopard)
- Apple's Command Line Developer Tools
- (Optional) The X11 windowing environment for ports that depend on the functionality it provides to run.