SheepShaver is an Open Source PowerPC Mac OS run-time environment. That is, it enables you to run PowerPC Classic Mac OS software on your computer, even if you are using a different operating system. However, you still need a copy of Mac OS and a PowerMac ROM image to use this program. SheepShaver is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- SheepShaver runs Mac OS 7.5.2 through Mac OS 9.0.4
- PowerPC G4 emulation on non-PowerPC platforms, direct execution otherwise
- Basic but portable JIT engine (x86, x86_64, mips)
- Copy and paste of text between Mac more...
- Gamma fix that allows running Ferazel's Wand and some other games.
- When SheepShaver is not using CD-ROMs (CD-ROM driver disabled in preferences), SheepShaver will no longer prevent ejecting CD-ROMs in the OS X host.
- More reliable mounting and unmounting CD-ROMs while SheepShaver is running. (Not in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, see known issue below.)
- Accidental more...
RequirementsOS X 10.4 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software