Sparkle is a module that developers can stick in their Cocoa applications (five-step install!) to get instant self-update functionality. By that, I mean that your app will be able to update itself, not just check for new versions: it'll read the update information from an appcast on your server, download, extract, install, restart, and even offer to show the users release notes before they decide if they want to update.
It's free, it's easy, and it'll make using a Mac better for everyone, so go for it! Make sure to visit Sparkle's homepage to see a video of it in action.more...
- New SUDSAVerifier based on up-to-date OS X APIs (Zachary Waldowski)
- Detailed error log for failed signature checks (Kornel Lesiński)
- Converted Sparkle to ARC (C.W. Betts)
- Converted ivars to properties. (Jake Petroules)
- Cocoapod support (Xhacker Liu)
- Quarantine removal on OS X 10.10 (C.W. Betts)
- Updated Japanese localization more...
- OS X 10.7 or later