Golly is an open source, cross-platform Game of Life simulator currently under development by Andrew Trevorrow and Tomas Rokicki. Our goal is to write a world-class Life simulator, solicit ideas and help from the planet's best Life hackers, and share some of our excitement.
Golly's key features:
- Unbounded universe (limited only by memory).
- Fast, memory-efficient conventional algorithm.
- Super fast hashing algorithm for highly regular patterns.
- Responsive even while generating or garbage collecting.
- Reads RLE, Life 1.05/1.06, and macrocell formats.
- Can paste in patterns from the clipboard. more...
- Fixed menu problems on Ubuntu when using Unity.
- Fixed a nasty bug that could cause Golly to crash when doing a paste.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the paste image to disappear after a flip/rotate.
- Fixed bugs in Mac app caused by non-ASCII characters in some file paths.
- Fixed a problem that prevented Golly starting up on OS X 10.9.
- Tool bar more...
- OS X 10.6 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software