Stellarium is an open source desktop planetarium. It renders the skies in realtime using OpenGL, which means the skies will look exactly like what you see with your eyes, binoculars, or a small telescope. Stellarium is very simple to use, which is one of its biggest advantages: it can easily be used by beginners.
- New modulated core.
- Refactored shadows and introducing the normal mapping.
- Sporadic meteors and meteors has the colors now.
- Comet tails rendering.
- New types of landscapes.
- New translatable strings and new textures.
- New plugin: Equation of Time - provides solution for Equation of Time.
- New plugin: Field of View - more...
- OS X 10.7 or later
- 3D graphics card which supports OpenGL 1.2