iDefrag helps defragment and optimize your disk for improved performance. Features include:
- Supports HFS and HFS+ (Mac OS Extended).
- Supports case sensitive and journaled filesystems.
- Supports adaptive hot file clustering ("Hot Zone").
- Four powerful defragmentation algorithms:
- Compact data, moving all free space to one place.
- Optimize filesystem metadata.
- On-line defragmentation.
- Defragment whilst your disk is mounted.
- Advanced programmable optimization.
- Rearrange your disk the way you want.
- B-Tree metadata more...
Note: OS X 10.10 Yosemite users will need to use version 5.0.1, rather than the latest release for now, because of a compatibility issue involving kernel extensions. This will be fixed in 5.1.2. You can download 5.0.1 from Related Links.
- Fixed a minor bug in the software update UI
- Fixed a problem with the distribution image that meant that updating didn’t work
- OS X 10.10 or later