R is a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. It is a GNU project which is similar to the S language and environment which was developed at Bell Laboratories (formerly AT&T, now Lucent Technologies) by John Chambers and colleagues. R can be considered as a different implementation of S. There are some important differences, but much code written for S runs unaltered under R.
R provides a wide variety of statistical (linear and nonlinear modelling, classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, clustering, ...) and graphical techniques, and is highly extensible. The S more...
- The internal method of download.file() can now handle files larger than 2GB on 32-bit builds which support such files (tested on 32-bit R running on 64-bit Windows).
- kruskal.test() warns on more types of suspicious input.
- The as.dendrogram() method for "hclust" objects gains a check argument protecting against memory explosion for invalid more...
- OS X 10.6 or later
- X11 system manager (optional)
- GNU g77 compiler and tcltk libraries included with the installer