iCon is a program that stores the Constitution of the United States on your iPod.
Probably should've used a spell checker. In Section 2 / Clause 5... I believe the word should be "choose"... not "chuse". I didn't bother looking for more. Just by chance... I stumbled on that one. Nice idea, though. We should know our Constitution.
Just for the record: this is not a program. It is just the US Constitution itself.
You have to copy it to the Notes folder of your iPod, just like any other text file you want to read on your iPod.
How did I work this out? I simply:
• downloaded "USC.zip" and unzipped it
• copied the "USC" ƒ to my iPod's "Notes" ƒ
• erm... read it? I guess.
Yeah, it's not that hard really, is it? Doesn't need an installer. All that needs changing is the description.
If you can't read it on your older iPod, try getting an all-in-one text version, and use that instead. It appears the US Constitution does not require that everything is done for you...
Since they aren't readily available...
here are the instructions on how to install the constitution
1. Download and unzip the usc.zip file.
2. Connect your iPod to your Mac or PC.
3. Open iTunes and select the "Enable disk use" option.
4. Copy the folder "U.S.C. text" and the file "U.S.C." into the "Notes" folder of your iPod.
5. Access the Constitution on your iPod through the "Extras > Notes" menu options. Choose the file "Constitution."
AWESOME! CHEATING ON CONSTITUTION TEST!
Hah, I'm not going to cheat.
Fun, I might just tell my friends
Helpful tool? Need reports ;-))
reports? such as?
A read only document with instructions would be nice. Installation requires more than drag and drop.
try clicking on the More Info link? gives full instructions for installation.
TITLE THIS: "Oh well, I guess the Constitution is only for the elitist immigrants to the latest iPod and not for us native owners."
in a previous reply, someone said:
"try clicking on the More Info link? gives full instructions for installation. Imagine that."
Imagine that it doesn't SUCK... on a few points:
1. an obscure link on a third-party's webpage does NOT constitute acceptable readme instructions!!!
2. especially, when you are REQUIRED to input an email address for downloading the file which one has already.
3. the EMAIL submission does not work in SAFARI... odd, really, since your "program" is for an APPLE product...
4. and, (as if men with weaker constitutions wouldn't have given up by now) here is the crowning jewel...
you have fallen prey to, I believe, the worse constitutional offense of consumerism ...
and provided installation instructions which work ONLY WITH THE NEWEST iPODS!!!
Would have been nice, considering ALL the difficulty to get said instructions IF YOU HAD PROVIDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for the program!
Shame, shame, shame... SUCH AN *ELITIST* APPROACH. I'm dumbfounded!!! (You'll probably have my comment censored too.)
It looks fun - I'm getting an iPod soon, so I will try it out then.
Learn how MacUpdate Desktop can install apps on MacUpdate with the simple click of the icon. Plus, keep all your apps updated.
Discover New Mac Apps. Save money with MacUpdate Promo & keep your Mac software secure and up-to-date with MacUpdate Desktop.