Have you ever wondered why the ATI video card that came with your Mac doesn't have the same features as the retail card? For years ATI has bundled software with their retail cards that adds features and extra capabilities. This software, known as "ATI Displays," is designed to only recognize and function with the retail version of the video card. These additional capabilities are withheld from OEM card owners even though, in most cases, the cards are nearly identical.
Radeon Enabler patches the ATI Displays application to allow it to recognize some OEM video cards. Once recognized, additional features like the OpenGL/3D overrides more...
- Added support for the OEM 9600XT/9800 XT shipping in the new G5's
- Added support for the OEM Radeon AGP (7200)
- Improved detection of missing or corrupted localization resources
- Enhanced the support file generation to include more detailed information from the System Profiler
This version does not add any additional functionality for more...
- Supported ATI graphics, Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later