libopendaap is a library written in C which enables applications to discover, and connect to, iTunes music shares. Unlike all other daap implementations, this library is able to connect to recent iTunes shares which require a special authentication algorithm. Currently, the only application using this source library is tunesbrowser, by the same author.
- Playlist support now exists, a new API has been introduced to access playlists
- Use a free mdns library, instead of Apple's mDNS library. This means that libopendaap is entirely free now. libopendaap now uses a highly modified version of mdnsd.
- You can now connect to servers with passwords.
- Better debugging support.
- Better platform support.
- Several possible buffer overflows fixed.
- Several bug fixes.