I have written this program because my scanner is useless in OS X thanks to UMAX. Thankfully, the people working on SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) have come up with drivers for my scanner. However, I have to use the terminal to use it.So, I have written a program to scan without all the hassle of terminal! It is very basic but does the job.
Before using my program, you need to download the libraries. Mattias Ellert has compiled sets for OS X and packaged them up. You can get them here. You need to download the binary file for SANE, and if your scanner is USB, the binary of more...
- Direct access to the SANE library (better multiple scanner support, scanner detection)
- Preferences (you can choose what to do after a scan)
- Removed Settings window (buggy)
- Added Settings drawer (less settings, less buggy)
- Added a nice icon near the scanner name in the scanner list (nice!)
- Lots of bug fixing, we have changed almost more...
- Mac OS X 10.1 or later, A SANE supported scanner.