D2X-XL is an OpenGL-enhanced version of Descent 2, offering a plethora of improvements over the original program, like colored lighting, stereoscopic rendering, high-resolution textures, sounds and player ships, many effects (e.g., smoke, lightning, rain, snow, etc.), new game modes, improved multiplayer support, bigger levels, full modding support, etc. etc. D2X-XL preserves full backwards compatibility and also supports playing Descent 1 levels with the original Descent 1 sounds, textures, physics, and AI. D2X-XL is available for OS X, Linux, and Windows.
- Fixed: Objects (powerups, robots, etc) could appear too bright
- Fixed: The program considered itself being in stereoscopic render mode when it wasn't
- Fixed: The program crashed when computing lightmaps
- Fixed: Segment distance calculation could hang (usually happened during lightmap precalculation)
- Fixed: The program played water sounds when the more...
- OS X 10.7 or later